Thursday, November 6, 2008

Vacation!

We're off to the Methow Valley! I love to ride in the car.

In fact, I met a bunny named Sapper at the vet the other day. She said that another bunny moved into her home and they didn't like each other much. But one day they both went for a ride in a box in a car together and they had the time of their lives! At first they clung to each other in fear, but then they learned to enjoy it and now they're best friends. What a great way to become friends!

This is me in my camper - I can camp for weeks in it. It has litter (Country Critter plant fiber pellets) in the back, hay on one side, and a soft, fleece blanket on the other. I always pee in the back. I've got my fleece a little messed up here, but Kim will straighten it out in a bit. There is also a food and water dish in the top of my camper and I get water at stops.



We headed out a little late in the season so we had a lot of rain most of the way. Washington Pass looked particularly spooky. It's 51 here at the pass in August:



But as we crossed the pass and headed down the other side it was beautiful! After 5 hours of driving in the rain, the Methow Valley looks like heaven. I have a field of Timothy Hay over there that I love to play in.



The last part of the trip is on a very rough dirt road and it kinda makes me queasy:



What a relief to arrive and get in my easy chair with a big salad. I like to ride in the car, but 5 hours is about the limit!

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

What spectacular scenery!